Greetings from Geneva. Below is a collection of my recent favorite finds in the blogosphere and beyond. I’m hoping to make this a regular feature on my site. Now excuse me while I dodge rain drops and eat Toblerone for breakfast.
- A vibrant, engaging rundown of the “coolest hood” in Cartagena (Getsemani), by Rainbow Nelson, founder of This Is Cartagena. I highly recommend This Is Cartagena for anything you need to know about visiting this magical city. This virtual guide book is chock-full of amazing historical facts, recommendations on where to eat and stay, and stunning photos. I desperately hope they start expanding to cover other cities in South America (and hire me, cough cough).
- Thirdeyemom explores stunning Antigua, Guatemala.
- I heart Φωτογραφία, thank you for sparking memories of Thessaloniki.
- Check out these animated/manipulated archival photos from fluxmachine. Be patient, hold your gaze, and prepare to be creeped out in a very good way.
- I adore vampires, especially adorable animated ones like in this five-second video by Antonio Silva.
- “One man, 100,000 toothpicks, and 35 years.” Need I say more?
- Incredible interactive art installation by Yayoi Kusama. Now that is what I call eye candy.
- Rafael Nadal, Cristiano Ronaldo, and some hot pink shoes. Ok, scratch the comment above; this is eye candy.
- Currently reading: Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Currently listening: ”Ho Hey” by The Lumineers
“And love, we need it now
Let’s hope for some
Cause oh, we’re bleeding out”